This Large Size Silver Certificate features a portrait of William Windom, Treasury Secretary under 3 different U.S. Presidents, at center. Notes at this level of preservation are affordable for the beginning currency collector.
- One of the many issues of U.S. paper money to feature a Treasury Secretary on the front.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Fine condition with typical wear for the grade.
- Face: Head of William Windom at center.
- Back: Obligation language in scalloped center surrounded by the denomination.
These notes are quite collectable being a scarce issue of Silver Certificates. Add this 1891 $2.00 Silver Certificate to your cart today!
Tillman/Morgan signature combo—Friedberg #246.
An interesting fact about William Windom is that he not only served as Treasury Secretary for Presidents Garfield, Arthur and Harrison, he was also the great grandfather and namesake of the television actor, William Windom.