This is one of the most popular notes in all U.S. paper money! This Series 1886 Silver Certificate with its engraving of 'Five 1886 Morgan Silver Dollars' on the reverse literally displays that this note is "BACKED" by silver!
- The only issue of U.S. paper money for which Silver dollars was selected as the main theme (on the back).
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note has seen lots of wear, but no abuse and is in Very Good condition.
- Face: Series 1886 with a portrait of Ulysses S. Grant, the 18th President of the United States.
- Back: Five 1886 Morgan Silver Dollars prominently displayed at center surrounded by highly stylized scrollwork.
These notes are highly desirable at any grade level. As this type becomes very pricey in high grades, examples at this level of preservation are affordable for a larger segment of currency collectors. Add this 1886 $5.00 Silver Certificate to your cart today!
Rosecrans/Huston signature combo—Friedberg #262.