Captain's log, stardate 45944.1: The Perth Mint releases a 1 oz Proof Silver coin to honor the Starship Enterprise from Star Trek: The Next Generation, featuring a beautifully colorized depiction of the ship in high quality .999 fine Silver.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Comes housed in a Star Trek inspired light-up case and themed shipper with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and date of issue.
- Reverse: Portrays a color image of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D flying through space as it appeared in the original series in the middle of the United Federation of Planets logo.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Tuvalu government.
Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek: The Next Generation debuted in 1987, and ran for seven seasons until 1994. Set in the Milky Way Galaxy, the first season takes place in 2364, featuring a new crew and a new starship, U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D.
Since its debut, Star Trek has developed into a cult phenomenon with a range of spinoff television series and a number of feature films released over the past five decades.