A new, more modern version of Superman is introduced in the 2011 release of Action Comics #1, as part of DC Comics’ launch of The New 52 Universe.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features Superman as he runs from the authorities through the streets of Metropolis.
- Limited mintage of only 10,000 coins.
Add this 1 oz Silver Iconic Superman™ coin to your order today!
The original artwork introduced a more modern take on a young Superman; wearing denim jeans and boots. Superman still maintains elements from his traditional costume with a blue shirt, red cape and the iconic “S” shield emblazoned across his chest.
Vibrant color enhances the engraved portrait of Superman, even adding a red glow to the streaks caused by bullets that do little to slow him down. A series of concentric circles frames the reverse, adding depth to the overall design and creating the illusion that Superman is racing out from the coin at breakneck speed towards the viewer. TM & © DC Comics. WB SHIELD: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.