The popular Silver Maple Leaf design gets a unique addition with the Einstein privy mark. Celebrating 2015 as the centennial of the iconic Theory of Relativity, the famous formula associated with the legendary scholar appears by the Maple's stem.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver with a beautiful Reverse Proof finish.
- Coin comes in protective plastic. Multiples of 25 are packaged in mint tubes.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Displays a detailed single maple leaf and the Silver purity. To the left of the maple is the formula E=mc2. This formula, with Einstein's applications to science and space, revolutionized how the world thought about space, time, mass, energy, and gravity.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your Silver Maple Leaf with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box or coin bezel to your order.
Silver Maple Privy coins are beautiful when held and appreciate greatly over time with such small mintages. This privy coin is unique to all others in that it celebrates a monumental scientific achievement by one of the great minds of history. Be sure to add this unique coin to your cart today!
Before the birth of the Royal Canadian Mint, every coin that was in circulation in Canada had to be produced at the Royal Mint in London or at the private Heaton Mint in Birmingham, England. So, in 1890, the Royal Canadian Mint was proposed and 18 years later on January 2, 1908 Canadian Governor General Lord Earl Gray struck the first domestically produced coin in Ottawa. Since then, the Royal Canadian Mint has been known for its exceptional quality, sophistication and innovation.
The Silver Maple Leaf has undergone some changes in its design, but overall, the main elements of this iconic Silver coin have remained the same. The obverse of the coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II while the reverse displays a maple leaf, an image closely associated with Canadian pride and nationalism. In 2014, a micro-engraved, textured maple leaf featuring the year of issue and a radial-line background were added to ensure the authenticity of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. In addition to the added security, these features also add to the beauty of each individual coin, as each pattern of radial lines is unique and creates a specific light-diffracting pattern.