Superman is a “pillar” of strength for a devastated Metropolis in this recreation of the cover of Superman #4, which was published in early 1940.
- Contains 0.42 oz of 14-Karat Gold (AGW: 0.25 oz).
- Coins come in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: As seen on the iconic cover of Superman #4 (1940), the reverse image features Superman performing an impressive feat of strength. Wearing his blue and red uniform with the original iconic “S” shield, Superman responds to chaos in Metropolis by hoisting a building’s crumbling pillars above his head as citizens scramble around him to find safety.
- Limited mintage of only 2,000 coins.
A Gold coin for a Golden Age Superman! Meticulous engraving replicates the finer details of the original artwork, while brilliant color infuses the reverse with energy and helps recreate the comic’s look and feel. Add this Gold Superman coin to your order today!
TM & © DC Comics.
WB SHIELD: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.