The first commemorative coins that were issued by the United States were minted for the 1892-93 World's Columbian Exposition, held in Chicago. This exposition celebrated the 400th anniversary of the Landing of Columbus in the New World.
These coins were originally sold for $1 each at the World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago during 1893.
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- Encapsulation by NGC guarantees and protects the condition of the coin.
- Mintage of 1,550,405 coins.
- Obverse: Features a bust of Columbus engraved by Charles E. Barber.
- Reverse: A representation of Columbus’ flagship the Santa Maria above two hemispheres engraved by George T. Morgan.
- Guaranteed by the United States Mint.
Protect and display your Columbian Exposition Half Dollar in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This coin will make an excellent addition to any collection. Add this historical Half Dollar to your order today!
Nice coin with some medium to dark original toning. If you like original toning, this coin is for you!