Captain's log, stardate 4523.7: The Perth Mint releases a 1 oz Proof Silver coin to honor the Starship Enterprise from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, featuring a beautifully colorized depiction of the space station in high quality .999 fine Silver.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Comes housed in a Star Trek inspired light-up case and themed shipper with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and date of issue.
- Reverse: Portrays an image of the space station as it appeared in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, against a colored space background. The design also includes the inscriptions STAR TREK, DEEP SPACE NINE and DEEP SPACE 9, The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark, and the coin’s weight and fineness.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Tuvalu government.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine debuted in 1993 and ran for seven seasons until 1999. Set in the future in the Milky Way Galaxy, it follows the 23rd century adventures of Captain Benjamin Sisko during his seven year assignment as commander of the space station Deep Space 9 in the Bajor sector.
Since its debut, Star Trek has developed into a cultural phenomenon with a range of spinoff television series and a number of feature films being released over the past five decades. The series explored a variety of societal themes and issues including a Utopian society, war and peace, imperialism, economics, racial equality, religion, human rights, feminism, and the role of technology.