The Perth Mint is pleased to present the 150th anniversary of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland with a 2 oz Silver antiqued clock coin, celebrating the first publication of the Lewis Carroll classic.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- The coin is housed in a clear latex display case with a black border and a white pattern. It is presented in a colorful shipper which opens to reveal the coin and the numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited Mintage of 2,500 coins.
- Obverse: A delightful rose design, the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, and the 2015 year-date. A quote from the book, “Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it’s getting!” is also included on the back of the clock in a spiral form.
- Reverse: Features Alice, the Cheshire cat, and several playing cards around the edge, with the White Rabbit featured on the face of a clock in the middle of the coin. The clock design includes the inscription “Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be late!” and The Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- Legal tender under the authority of the government of Tuvalu.
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland follows the adventures of Alice, a young girl whose curiosity is sparked when she sees a talking White Rabbit wearing a waistcoat, and carrying a pocket watch, run past her as she is sitting with her sister on the riverbank. She follows him down a rabbit hole, into the imaginative and chaotic world of Wonderland, which is populated by anthropomorphic animals and creatures.