In December of 1915 an amazing event happened, a one day truce where there was to be no casualties and assaults between enemies. This was called the Christmas Truce.
To commemorate the WWI event, the Monnaie de Paris released the second coin to their WWI series.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 500 coins.
- Obverse: The coin portrays a little girl reading a letter written by her father to her mother and brother. A poppy and cornflower, the Symbols of Veterans of commonwealth and of France, are shown at bottom of the coin.
- Reverse: Depicts a Christmas tree that is surrounded by German, British and French soldiers as they gather to celebrate Christmas Day.
- Minted by the Monnaie de Paris.
Add this Gold €200 World War I Christmas Truce coin to your cart today!