The Canadian Arctic is one of only two places on Earth where wild herds of muskox still roam. This ancient dweller of the High Arctic is the subject of the Royal Canadian Mint’s latest $100 for $100 series coin.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Housed in a mint-issued box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Low mintage of 45,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features three charging muskoxen, racing toward the viewer, showcased to striking advantage through a variety of finishes and engraving techniques.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
This series of coins from the Royal Canadian Mint has been highly sought after, and this design is sure to continue the success that collectors have come to expect from the $100 for $100 series. Be sure to add this unique 1 oz Silver Muskox coin to your cart today!
Muskoxen are believed to have migrated from northeastern Europe to what is now Canada between 200,000 and 90,000 years ago. Much of the north being covered by glaciers at the time, they survived successive ice ages in ice-free pockets known as glacial refugia.