2016 1 oz Platinum American Eagle BU
As low as $189.99 per coin over spot!
This patriotic coin features a beautiful close up of the Statue of Liberty, the perfect subject for the U.S. Mint's only investment-grade Platinum coin. The 2016 Platinum Eagle is the second release in the series since production was suspended in 2008.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 100 are packaged in “Mini Monster Boxes.” All other coins will be in protective plastic flips.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: The strong face of the statue below the word "Liberty," with the year and "In God We Trust" to the side. "E Pluribus Unum" is engraved along Liberty's raised arm.
- Reverse: An American eagle with outstretched wings soaring in front of a sunrise with "United States of America" above. The weight, purity and $100 face value are also shown.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your Platinum Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
As a U.S. Mint authorized purchaser, APMEX is able to provide this popular and practical investment coin at an attractive price. Add this 2016 Platinum American Eagle to your cart today!
Bullion Platinum American Eagle coins were produced from 1997 until 2008, when the Great Recession forced the U.S. Mint to suspend production. Though the Proof Platinum Eagles were continuously minted, the bullion version was not produced again until 2014, selling just 16,900 Platinum Eagles.