With a mintage of only 500 coins, this rare and highly collectible 5-coin Proof set, the fourth in the five year Prospector series, commemorates the 150th anniversary of the Eureka Uprising in Victoria, Australia.
- Contains 1.9 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in original wooden Mint box with felt sleeve and a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Varies by coin. The one ounce coin features a miner with the rebel flag from the uprising behind him.
- Sovereign coins backed by the Australian government.
- Limited mintage of only 500 coins.
This exceptional Proof Gold coin set would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this beautiful 2004 Australian 5-Coin Gold Nugget Proof Set to your cart today!
In 1854, miners in the Ballarat rebelled against the zealous officialdom and the lack of political representation on the Gold fields. The militants constructed a defensive fortification where they hoisted their rebel flag, a blue background featuring five stars connected by a white cross. Public indignation at the deaths and injuries of the inflicted troops during the uprising contributed to the introduction of reforms, interpreted by many as one of the greatest victories for fairness and equality in Australia's history.