2016 Canada 1 oz Silver Maple Leaf (MintDirect® Single)
As low as $2.99 per coin over spot!
This MintDirect® Single is the newest offering in our exclusive MintDirect® program. All Silver Maple Leaf coins in MintDirect® packaging are guaranteed to be in the exact condition as they came from Royal Canadian Mint tubes.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint boxes. Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in an RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 and 20 will come housed in a clear plastic clamshell box sealed with a plastic band.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: A large, single maple leaf with the weight and purity. Micro-engraved maple leaf privy mark shows a “16” when viewed under magnification.
- Radial line background was precisely machined by the Royal Canadian Mint onto their master die to create a unique light diffracting pattern, providing another measure of security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Secure your Silver Maple Leaf by adding an attractive display box to your order.
These Silver coins are the perfect blend of collectible beauty and investment appeal, and are guaranteed to be in mint condition. Add this popular Silver Maple Leaf MintDirect® Single coin to your cart today!
APMEX has created a process to guarantee that our customers receive only authentic Royal Canadian Mint coins. MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins were processed from tubes that come straight from mint-sealed Monster Boxes, exactly as they were delivered, providing peace-of-mind when buying, holding or selling.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint boxes. This process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Before the birth of the Royal Canadian Mint, every coin that was in circulation in Canada had to be produced at the Royal Mint in London or at the private Heaton Mint in Birmingham, England. So, in 1890, the Royal Canadian Mint was proposed and 18 years later on January 2, 1908 Canadian Governor General Lord Earl Gray struck the first domestically produced coin in Ottawa. Since then, the Royal Canadian Mint has been known for its exceptional quality, sophistication and innovation.
The Silver Maple Leaf has undergone some changes in its design, but overall, the main elements of this iconic Silver coin have remained the same. The obverse of the coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II while the reverse displays a maple leaf, an image closely associated with Canadian pride and nationalism. In 2014, a micro-engraved, textured maple leaf featuring the year of issue and a radial-line background were added to ensure the authenticity of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. In addition to the added security, these features also add to the beauty of each individual coin, as each pattern of radial lines is unique and creates a specific light-diffracting pattern.