In ancient Greek mythology, Aphrodite was worshipped as the Goddess of Love, Pleasure and Beauty, exciting passion in the hearts of gods and men. This high-relief coin has a limited mintage of just 2,000 coins, providing even more collectible appeal.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Rimless with a high relief design and an antique finish.
- Comes in a round wooden display case, with stunning lid detail, in a beautifully illustrated shipper.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and date of issue.
- Reverse: Features Aphrodite sitting on the beach at Aphrodite’s Rock surrounded by scallop shells, holding a mirror in her left hand, with a dove perched on her right hand. She is accompanied by a swan and three dolphins, with the ocean and clouds in the background. The design also includes the inscription “APHRODITE”, and The Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Tuvalu government.
This exceptional Silver coin would be a great addition to any Silver coin collection. Add this unique 2 oz Silver Aphrodite, Goddess of Love, Pleasure and Beauty, coin to your cart today!
According to Greek legend, Aphrodite was born out of the sea after Cronus castrated Uranus and threw his genitals into the ocean. The water began to bubble and foam in the spot where Uranus himself had also plunged, and suddenly, a beautiful maiden rose up from the sea foam. The woman, Aphrodite, floated to the shores of Cyprus on a giant scallop shell.