Captain's log, stardate 50984.3. The Perth Mint releases a Proof Silver coin set to honor the Star Trek: Voyager series. This 2-coin set features colorized depictions of the U.S.S. Voyager and Captain Kathryn Janeway.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a replica Star Trek transporter which lights up when the lid is open, inside a custom display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and date of issue.
- Reverse of Captain Kathryn Janeway Coin: Portrays a color image of Kate Mulgrew as Captain Janeway as she appeared in Star Trek: Voyager, against a representation of the U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656 and the inscription “Captain Kathryn Janeway”. The design also includes the Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark, and the coin’s weight and fineness.
- Reverse of the U.S.S Voyager Coin: Portrays a color image of the U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656 flying away from a Borg cube in space, as it appeared in the television series Star Trek: Voyager. The design includes the inscription “Star Trek: Voyager U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656”, the Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark, and the coin’s weight and fineness.
- Sovereign coins backed by the Tuvalu government.
This Silver coin set is ideal for any Star Trek fan or collector. Add this highly collectible 1 oz Star Trek Silver 2-Coin proof set to your cart today!
Star Trek: Voyager takes place in the 2370s, in the Milky Way Galaxy, and follows the adventures of the Starfleet vessel U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656, commanded by Captain Kathryn Janeway. Janeway is a tough captain, not afraid to take chances, and is highly intelligent, thoughtful, dedicated and diplomatic.
Since its debut, Star Trek has developed into a cultural phenomenon with a range of spinoff television series and a number of feature films being released over the past five decades. The series explored a variety of societal themes and issues including a Utopian society, war and peace, imperialism, economics, racial equality, religion, human rights, feminism, and the role of technology.