The Mexican 20 Peso combines nearly half an ounce of Gold with historic appeal and a wonderfully intricate Aztec calendar design. This coin shows an interesting mint error, with the remnants of a "1" appearing under the "2" in the date.
- Contains .4823 oz of Gold.
- Prominent overdate results from the "1" in the date being incompletely removed from an old die before it was re-punched with a "2" and reused in producing the 1921 issues.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-63 condition of this coin.
- Coins will show little, if any, circulation wear. All will retain their original mint luster.
- Obverse: Mexican coat of arms featuring a golden eagle perched atop a cactus, devouring a snake. Date below wing, with 1921/11 overdate visible.
- Reverse: Aztec Calendar Stone above legend bearing denomination and metal content.
- One of two overdate varieties in the 20 Peso series, with the other being the 1920/10.
Appealing to collectors of classic Mexican coinage, mint errors, or those simply wishing to expand their Gold investments, this 1921/11 20 Peso offers numismatic appeal along with nearly half an ounce of Gold. Add one to your cart today!