The Royal Canadian Mint celebrates one of Canada’s most influential artists of the early 20th century by recreating details from Tom Thomson's famous painting Spring Ice (1916).
This is only the second time Thomson’s artwork is featured on a coin and is a rare opportunity to own expertly engraved renditions of well-known Thomson paintings.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 8,500 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: An engraved recreation of Tom Thomson’s landscape painting Spring Ice (1916).
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Each brushstroke from the painting has been recreated through expert engraving, which exemplifies the Royal Canadian Mint engravers’ extraordinary level of precision and craftsmanship. Add this beautiful art-themed coin to your cart today!