The year 2015 marks the 100th anniversary of the poem “In Flanders Fields”, which was written by Canadian physician Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae amid the horrors of the Second Battle of Ypres in May, 1915. To mark this anniversary, this fine Silver coin is a solemn remembrance of those who bravely served their country abroad in a time of war.
- Contains 10 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coin is housed in a clamshell box with a decorative sleeve.
- Limited mintage of just 500 coins.
- Stunning use of finishes and masterful engraving showcase the intricacies of the design.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of His Majesty King George V.
- Reverse: A beautifully detailed engraving that transports the viewer back to May 1915, back to the fields near Ypres. The author of the poem, Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, occupies the center of the reverse’s image field; identified as medical personnel by the cross shoulder patch on his uniform, McCrae is seated on a pile of rubble with pen and paper in hand.
Add this unique 10 oz 100th Anniversary of “In Flanders Fields” coin to your cart today!