Once every year, Monnaie de Paris pairs up with a luxurious French company to release an Excellence series. This year Monnaie de Paris has paired with Sèvres, Cité de la Céramique, a porcelain manufacturer founded in 1740.
Be one of the very few to own one of these ultra low mintage coins!
- Contains 32.15 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Display Box: Encased in history, Marie-Antoinette was in fact the proud owner of a Fauré Le Page Shotgun. This particular grand coin comes in a case designed by Fauré Le Page, a prestigious firearms manufacturer known for producing museum-worthy firearms. This beautiful case is wrapped in Fauré Le Page’s trademark toile écailles scaled pattern, and comes with handling gloves and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the half-length portrait of Maire-Antoinette on the face of the plate designed coin, and embraced by a "Grand Feu Blue" or Royal Blue (Sèvres’ signature color) enamel backdrop. The depth of this coins curvature is unlike any other and is a prime example of this coin's triumphant design.
- Reverse: Offsetting the magnificent depth of this coins majestic obverse, the reverse of this coin mimics the beautifully crafted Porcelain Bowl.
- Guaranteed by Monnaie de Paris.
- Denomination: 5000 euros.
A low mintage of just 16 coins adds tremendous collector appeal to this exquisite design! Add this stunning 2015 1 kilo Proof Gold €5000 Excellence Series (Grand Feu) coin to your cart today.
This 1 kilo Proof Gold €5000 Excellence Series coin is the most Elite coin currently known to the market! Included in this set is a beautifully crafted replica of the 1787 "bol sein", a porcelain bowl that was said to have been shaped after Queen Antoinette's breast. The bowl is decorated with the Sèvres blue glaze on the interior and topped with rim of gold. The Bowl's porcelain tripod, also used as a stand for the kilo, has the heads of three goats just as the original did.