This APMEXclusive® Vikings Coin Series from Scottsdale Mint honors famed Viking gods, kings and warriors, and this three-coin set includes Odin, King Cnut and Ragnar Lothbrok, making it easy to own these popular coins with one purchase.
- Contains a total of 6 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin is housed in a wooden display box featuring a unique engraving for each character with the Runic alphabet along the rim.
- All three coins feature matching serial numbers.
- Obverse: Displays the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity and face value.
- Reverse: Features an depiction of each of the following: Odin, King Cnut and Ragnar Lothbrok.
- Edge: Laser etched serial number, from 1 to 1,999, which matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
This striking set is a great way to start collecting the Vikings 15-Coin Series. Add this 3-Coin Silver Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warriors set to your cart today!
Scottsdale Mint first released the 15-Coin Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warriors series in 2015. Each Silver coin in this Vikings Series depicts a famous Viking god, king or warrior. This 15-coin series will include: Odin, Ragnar, King Cnut, Thor, Harald Fairhair, Bjorn Ironside, Loki, Tyr, Freya, Ivar the Boneless, Eric BloodAxe, Harald Hardrada, Egil Skallagrimsson, Freydís Eiríksdóttir and Gudfred. Collectors will recognize Scottsdale's effort in creating a Viking coin series that is not only exquisitely crafted in stunning detail, but one that is historically accurate and pays homage to the Norse culture. Start collect these Silver Vikings coins today!
Odin, the Allfather, was the premier Norse deity, at once a magnetic and polarizing figure whose influence permeated all aspects of society. He was acknowledged as being the father of many great warriors and kings along with being the ruler of Midgard. As ruler of Midgard, Odin and his Valkyries carry half of those slain in battle daily to the hallowed halls of Valhalla in preparation for Ragnarök.
King Cnut is remembered for stabilizing England, Denmark, Norway, and parts of Sweden and unifying the regions into one empire from 1016-1035 AD. Humility was his hallmark trait, often illustrated by the tale of "King Cnut and the Waves".
A legendary Viking warrior and king, Ragnar of Lothbrok is likely an amalgamation of several prominent warriors. He is remembered for leading successful campaigns into France and England, galvanizing Viking armies to battle, and passing on his legacy to his many warrior sons, most notably, Ivar the Boneless.