This key date coin is a nice addition to any Washington Quarter set. This coin has a large price jump in MS-65, with it being worth well over $2,500 in that grade!
- Contains .1808 oz of Silver.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Left facing profile of George Washington, designed by John Flanagan.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle perched with its wings spread. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America, and "Quarter Dollar."
- This coin was struck at the San Francisco Mint and features an "S" mintmark.
- The 1932 quarter was originally meant to be a one year commemorative and the 2nd Quarter Dollar in the Classic Commemorative series, which began in 1892. However, as history has shown, the 1893 Isabella Commemorative Quarter is the only quarter in that series.
Protect and display your Washington Quarter Collection in style by adding an attractive wood gift box to your order.
With the lowest mintage of the entire series, this is a key date coin that will fit in well in any high grade set. Add this key to the series 1932-S Washington Quarter to your cart today!
Originally minted as a one year commemorative coin to celebrate the bicentennial of President George Washington's birth, the Washington Quarter displaced the Standing Liberty Quarter in 1932. This first year of issue coin was designed by John Flanagan after much ado surrounding a contest shrouded in controversy. Many believe though Laura Gardin Fraser's design was far superior, her design was passed over due purely to the fact that she was a woman. There were no quarters minted in 1933, but the Washington quarter has been minted every year since 1934.