The Royal Canadian Mint's Birds of Prey series comes to a conclusion with this spectacular design featuring a Great Horned Owl. This coin is spotted, scratched, etc... Each .9999 fine Silver coin beautifully showcases this unique species found across North America.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 25 come in plastic mint tubes. Multiples of 500 come in Monster Boxes. Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a menacing great horned owl, wings spread as it descends upon its prey, along with the weight and purity.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your Silver Owl in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
The 2015 Great Horned Owl is the last installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Birds of Prey series, which will have a maximum mintage of one million coins each. Add this 1 oz Great Horned Owl coin to your cart today!
As Canada’s most common bird of prey, the great horned owl (Bubo virginianus) is a symbol of power and agility, with unique features that lend themselves beautifully to this engraved portrait.