These privately made pieces, comprising merchant, political and satirical pieces, were used during a time of political and financial crisis in the United States. The Panic of 1837, during Van Buren's presidency came to be known as "Hard Times".
- The pieces are made of copper and are the size of Large Cents.
- The Hard Times Tokens in this listing will be dated between 1832-1844.
- Average circulated to Very Fine condition.
- Pieces reference the Bank of the United States, Private Merchants, and Political Figures such as President Andrew Jackson, etc.
- Dates and motifs of our choice.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add one of the Hard Times Tokens to your cart today!