Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this fine silver “loonie”, part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s new series featuring Canada’s six circulation coins.
Each beautiful coin is composed of five ounces of fine Silver and features selective color on the reverse.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- This 5-ounce fine silver 1-dollar coin features noted Canadian wildlife artist Robert-Ralph Carmichael’s loon design, first issued with the introduction of the 1-dollar circulation coin in 1987. This design has been used continuously on Canadian “loonies,” with a number of notable exceptions.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The profile portrait of a common loon floating on a still lake with a small island populated by conifers in the left-side background. The loon, waterway, and tree-lined island are selectively colored. The reverse is also engraved with the text “CANADA” and “DOLLAR” and the date “2016”.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce pure silver versions of Canada’s 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent, 1-dollar, and 2-dollar circulation coins.
Add this beautifully colorized 5 oz Silver $1 Big Coin Series Dollar to your cart today!