The Royal Canadian Mint's DC Comics Originals series celebrates DC Comics’ greatest superheroes presented in their classic form with a slightly retro style, recalling the look most comic book fans grew up with and remember fondly. Basing itself on the DC Comics style of the 1980s, this series celebrates one of the most established looks for the DC Comics pantheon of Super Heroes, including those featured on this fine Silver coin, which conveys how Superman’s fate is shaped by his supporting cast.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Design mimics a comic book splash page with Superman flanked by those who helped forge his legacy. The Man of Tomorrow stands in the center in a calm yet powerful stance; at the bottom on either side are scenes from his infancy, with the Els to the right and the Kents to the left. Also found to his left are his friend and long-time love interest Lois Lane, and friend and closest ally Batman. On Superman’s right are his pal Jimmy Olsen and Wonder Woman, whose strength and power often rival his own.
Each coin in the series comes enclosed in unique packaging that recreates the look of a well-loved comic book, an added nod to the medium that first introduced these characters, but also a fun element that makes this series a one-of-a-kind collecting experience. Add this Silver collectible to your cart today!
Vintage feel extends to the packaging. Each coin in the series comes enclosed in unique packaging that recreates the look of a well-loved comic book, an added nod to the medium that first introduced these characters, but also a fun element that makes this series a one-of-a-kind collecting experience!
TM & © DC Comics. WB SHIELD: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.