In a landmark moment in minting we welcome the release of a UK face-value £50 coin for the very first time. The £50 coin for £50 features two iconic British figures, pairing Britannia with the fifth definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 50,000 coins.
- £50 official legal tender backed by British government.
- Obverse: For his obverse portrait Jody used modern technology to access unlimited images of Her Majesty The Queen helping him capture a warm and realistic likeness.
- Reverse: Jody’s reverse design of Britannia is a contemporary take on a classic symbol of Britain that still respects tradition. He looked to British heraldry, and treasures like the Una and the Lion coin, for inspiration, reuniting Britannia with the lion. This pairing is also seen on plaques commemorating the soldiers of the First World War.
This is the latest addition to The Royal Mint’s 2015 range of face-value coins, joining The Longest Reigning Monarch 2015 UK £20 Fine Silver Coin and The Buckingham Palace 2015 UK £100 Fine Silver Coin. Add this coin to your cart today!