This is the first Lunar coin to be released in the Australian Opal series.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- The coin is presented in a prestigious display case with a light, which turns on as you open the lid, shining down and showcasing the stunning colors of the opal inset.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Incorporates an inner panel design of a monkey with a peach, which is symbolic of longevity and immortality, detailed in pure Australian opal. The outer panel of the coin depicts a collection of peach blossoms. The design includes the inscription "YEAR OF THE MONKEY", the 2016 year-date, and The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The unique use of Australian opal in this Silver coin design is sure to appeal to collectors around the world. Add this enthralling Silver coin to your cart today!
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar monkey include 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004 and 2016. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be intelligent, quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious and adventurous.