The Arches 5 oz Silver America the Beautiful .999 fine Silver coin is the 3rd of five coins in the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin™ Program released by the U.S. Mint in 2014 and the 23rd overall.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Graded a near perfect Mint State-69 Deep Mirror Prooflike by PCGS and labeled with the prestigious John Mercanti signature label.
- The First Strike label ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of its release from the mint.
- Mintage of 22,000 coins.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of “United States of America”, “Liberty, In God We Trust” and “Quarter Dollar”.
- Reverse: World famous Delicate Arch with the La Sal Mountains rising in the background.
Protect and display your Great Smoky Mountain 5 oz ATB in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Add this 2014 5 oz Silver ATB Great Smoky Mountains coin to your cart today!
The Arches National Park, located in eastern Utah is located on the Colorado River and is known for its preservation of over 2000 natural stone arches. However, it is best known for the Delicate Arch, arguably the most famous arch in the world. Delicate Arch is what is featured on this coin. Though climbing on named Arches within the park has long been prohibited, climbing on other structures of the park is permissible but regulated.
Historically, it has been researched and believed that humans have inhabited the lands since the last ice age. Currently, there is an abundance of wildlife and plant life that inhabit the land which have adapted to survive the extreme heat and cold with very little rainfall. As with the Great Smoky Mountains finding its way into pop culture, parts of Arches National Park were used as locations to film the 1989 film “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.”