Series 1917 $2.00 United States Note (a.k.a. Legal Tender) with a large portrait of Thomas Jefferson at left and a vignette of the U.S. Capitol at center. Extremely nice note for a high grade type set!
- One of the last of the Large Size notes issued.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- New series of 1917 example in Crisp Uncirculated condition.
- Face: Features Thomas Jefferson at left with an engraving of the United States Capitol building at center.
- Back: Displays the denomination at the corners and at center with an ornate bracelet type engraving and the obligation and warning against counterfeiting.
This series has become a favorite with collectors and as a Large Size type note. Add one of these classic 1917 $2.00 Legal Tender Jefferson notes to your cart today!
Speelman/White signatures—Friedberg #60.
This is a well preserved example of the last large size $2.00 notes before the government reduced our paper money to its current size in 1928.