This set contains a Brilliant Uncirculated 1 oz Gold American Buffalo from each year of mintage for a total of 11 coins. Great way to add several ounces of Gold to your investment portfolio!
- Set Contains 11 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- The complete 11 coin set is housed in a brand-new Dansco album.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile.
- Reverse: Black Diamond, a buffalo who lived in the Central Park Zoo during the early 20th century, adapted from Fraser's original design for the 1913 nickel.
- Sovereign coins backed by the U.S. government.
- Mintages are as follows:
- 2006 - 337,012 coins
- 2007 - 136,503 coins
- 2008 - 189,500 coins
- 2009 - 200,000 coins
- 2010 - 209,000 coins
- 2011 - 174,500 coins
- 2012 - 132,000 coins
- 2013 - 198,500 coins
- 2014 - 180,500 coins
- 2015 - TBD
- 2016 - TBD
Add this Brilliant Uncirculated 11-coin 1 oz Gold Buffalo set to your cart today!
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.