From the exceptionally popular series from the U.S. Mint, this 2016 Gold Buffalo has been certified a perfect MS-70 by PCGS and is designated First Strike, denoting that it was graded within the first 30 days of issue.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the coin's perfect 70 condition.
- First Strike designation certifies this coin was received within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the 1913 Buffalo Nickel.
- Reverse: An American bison, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Containing a full ounce of .9999 fine Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Buffalo is one of the most popular Gold coins in the United States. Add this 2016 1 oz Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.