As digital artists seek to recreate the physical world through dimensional images, modelling techniques based on geometric shapes have given way to a new visual style, low poly art. This eye-catching five-coin series utilizes this art style to present a contemporary and highly artistic interpretation of Canada’s most famous icons, continuing with the polar bear.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a maroon clamshell beauty box with a certificate of authenticity.
- A fresh, modern take on Canada’s timeless icons: The second coin in the inventive new five coin Geometry in Art series, which reinterprets familiar Canadian emblems: the polar bear, the beaver, the caribou, the loon and the maple leaf in a low poly art style.
- Obverse: The effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: A stylized portrait of the “King of the Arctic” and beloved representative of Canada’s North, the mighty polar bear (Ursus maritimus). Geometry, technology and art intersect as the entirety of the image is presented in a low poly art style; multiple polygon shapes come together to form a mother bear (left) and her cub (right).
Add this 1 oz Silver Geometry in Art Polar Bear coin to your cart today!
Each polygon is made distinct from the other through extraordinary sculpting, cutting-edge technology and advanced finishing techniques, while the application of bold color adds vibrancy and alters our perception of dimension and light. Together, they form a touching scene of this iconic species as a mother bear introduces her cub to Canada’s Arctic waters; gracefully swimming out, the mother turns to face her young as he gingerly attempts his first few strokes.
The hard edges that are characteristic of this style lend themselves beautifully to recreating the Arctic ice above and below the water’s surface; yet, it is the application of rich, vibrant colors that brings a dynamic quality to the overall design, infusing it with depth and dimension through different shades of blues and whites which create a playful perception of shadow and light.