Sold out at the mint. Using innovative glow-in-the-dark technology, the spellbinding qualities of the aurora borealis are beautifully recreated on this coin that captures the look and feel of a luminous winter night in the wilds of the Arctic region.
- Contains 2 oz. of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint.
- Limited mintage of only 4,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Brings together rich colors and detailed engraving to recreate the breathtaking beauty of a winter night in Nunavut’s Auyuittuq National Park. With the imposing vertical cliff of Thor Peak looming in the background, two Baffin Island wolves stand upslope in the frozen river valley where they lift their muzzles to the sky and release their howl into the crisp air.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Second coin in a series that combines detailed engraving, glow-in-the-dark technology and full color, all to masterful effect in this gorgeous design. The first coin was the Moonlight Fireflies coin. Add this $30 Northern Lights Wolves in Moonlight coin to your cart today!
The first coin in the series sold out in just one day! To experience the design’s full effect, place the coin in a light source for 30 to 60 seconds then bring it into the dark to view the spellbinding glow, it’s even visible through the capsule.