In 1915, the Australian government decided it would raise loans from the public, encouraging the population to purchase government War Loan Bonds which would be repaid with interest, to contribute to the war effort. This coin honors this effort.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a stylish latex case that displays the coin’s reverse and obverse, presented in a themed shipper and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, and the 2016 date.
- Reverse: Features a colorized representation of the World War I "Our daddy is fighting" poster headed by the inscription AUSTRALIAN WAR BONDS. The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark, and the coin’s weight and fineness also appear in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
This stunning Silver coin is sure to be highly popular amongst collectors for its attractive design and limited mintage. Add this beautiful 1 oz Silver colorized coin to your cart today!