The Australian kangaroo is a large marsupial endemic to Australia. Identified by its muscular tail, strong back legs, large feet, short fur, and long pointed ears, the animal has become a much-loved national icon.
Now sold out at the mint!
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- To capture the depth and detail of the design, the coin is struck in high relief to a rimless format and features an antique finish.
- Housed in a clear latex display case with a black border. It is presented in an illustrated shipper which opens to reveal the coin and the numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 3,000 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, and the 2016 year-date.
- Reverse: Depicts a kangaroo hopping across the Australian landscape with a lizard perched on a rock in the foreground. The design also includes the Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this highly sculptural 2 oz Silver High Relief Kangaroo to your cart today!
The kangaroo is the largest marsupial surviving on earth today. The animal’s distinctive style of movement, hopping on its hind legs whilst using its large, muscular tail for balance, means it is one of the only animals which are unable to move backwards easily. An unofficial symbol of Australia, the kangaroo features in the Australian national emblem alongside the emu.