The U.S. Mint issued these 2016-W 1/10 oz Gold Mercury Dimes in celebration of the 100th anniversary of Adolph A. Weinman's famous 1916 Mercury Dime.
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Housed in the original mint box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Centennial design issued in celebration of the original Mercury Dime from 1916.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman's design depicts a young Liberty with a winged Phrygian cap reminiscent of the Roman god Mercury.
- Reverse: Features an olive branch and a fasces (a bound bundle of wood including an axe blade emerging).
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
This special 100th anniversary coin was issued in memory of the popular 1916 Mercury Dime and features 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold making this coin a great addition to both numismatic and investment portfolios. Add this 1/10 oz Gold Mercury Dime to your cart today!
The 2016 Mercury Dime Centennial Gold coin pays homage to one of the many coin designs issued during what is known as the "Renaissance of American Coinage". Adolph A. Weinman’s original Winged Liberty design is considered one of the most beautiful coins of all time.
In 2016, the U.S. mintmarked the centenary of three numismatic icons with the release of the 1/10 oz Gold Mercury Dime, 1/4 oz Gold Standing Liberty Quarter, and 1/2 oz Gold Walking Liberty Half Dollar Centennial Gold coins. Each of these coins features an allegorical representation of Liberty, being the last design of each denomination to do so.
Each coin is encapsulated and hand packaged in a custom, black-matte hardwood presentation case and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
The mint's goal is to match each Gold coin to the size and diameter of their original Silver coin from 1916. Plans are to issue business strikes only, meaning no proof or uncirculated versions will be issued.