Celebrating Mozart the wunderkind, or child prodigy, this is a very special coin for a very special boy, whose genius lives on more than two centuries after his death.
- Contains .4758 oz of .925 fine Silver.
- Packaged with a mint box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 50,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features a wonderfully enigmatic portrait of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart painted in 1763.
- Reverse: Shows a scene from Bastien und Bastienne, a one-act comic opera written by the twelve-year-old Mozart in 1768.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any music enthusiast's collection. Add this Silver Mozart Proof coin to your cart today!
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.