|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||0.7517 troy oz|
As low as $11.49 per coin over spot!
These beautiful re-strikes from the Austrian Mint feature the historic Maria Theresa Thalers.
- Each coin contains .7517 oz of pure Silver.
- Individual coins come in a protective plastic flip. Multiples of 20 are typically housed in a plastic tube.
- Most coins in this listing will be Almost Uncirculated or better, and some examples may exhibit toning.
- Obverse: Features the right facing profile of Maria Theresa.
- Reverse: Displays the Imperial double-headed eagle with the arms of Austria at the center.
Add the 1780 Austria Maria Theresa Silver Thaler AU/BU to your cart today!
Maria Theresa succeeded her father, Charles VI as ruler of the Kingdoms of Austria and Hungary in 1740. During her 40 year reign, she defended her empire successfully in the War of Austrian Succession. The Silver Thaler was the currency of the empire and its dominions.
This coin was one of the most important trade coins in Europe, and one of the best known in the world. The Austrian Thaler and the Spanish 8 Reales were the basis for the Silver dollar which was adopted by the fledgling United States under the Mint Act of 1792. In fact, the word "dollar" is derived from the German/Austrian word "Thaler".