Saratoga National Park represents a monumental turning point in the Revolutionary War and is the focus of the final America the Beautiful 5 oz Coin released in 2015. This coin is graded MS-69 Deep-Mirror Proof Like (DMPL) by PCGS
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the near perfect MS-69 grade of the coin.
- A stunning deep mirror prooflike finish.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Similar to the Washington quarter featuring the text United States of America, Liberty, In God We Trust, and Quarter Dollar.
- Reverse: A close-up of the moment British General John Burgoyne surrendered his sword to American General Horatio Gates. Inscriptions are “British Surrender 1777,” “Saratoga,” “New York,” “2015” and “E Pluribus Unum”.
- Rim is engraved with weight and purity of the coin.
Protect and display your ATB in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These popular and highly collectible 5 oz America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin series have captured the imagination of investors and collectors alike. Add this gorgeous coin to your collection today!
America The Beautiful 5 oz Coin Series (2010 – 2021)
In 2010, the United States Mint launched the America The Beautiful Quarter series, the mint’s first ever 5 ounce coin, and their largest Silver bullion coin to-date. The new quarter series includes a total of 56 quarter-dollar coins, each with a design of a National Park or National Site from one of the 50 states, 5 U.S. Territories and Washington D.C. The obverse design of the 5 oz America The Beautiful coin duplicates exactly the design of the America the Beautiful clad quarters used in circulation, except much bigger. The mint makes two versions of the 5 oz Silver National Park coin: a Bullion version for investors with a shiny proof-like finish, and an Uncirculated version for collectors with a matte-like finish. This version includes a U.S. Mint Box and Certificate of Authenticity, and features “P” mintmark, whereas the Bullion version does not have a mintmark. The Bullion version has higher mintages and is available through authorized bullion dealers like APMEX, while the Uncirculated version is available through the U.S. Mint directly as well as APMEX, with much smaller mintages.
All America The Beautiful 5 oz Silver coins in the series have the same obverse of George Washington in a restored version of the portrait created by John Flanagan for the 1932 Washington Quarter. The reverse on each America The Beautiful Quarter includes an individual design for each National Park. Unlike the reeded edge of the normal quarter coins in circulation, the America The Beautiful Silver bullion coins have a smooth edge inscribed with the coin specifications ".999 FINE SILVER 5.0 OUNCE".
The program is authorized by Congress under Title II of the America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008.