The Nativity is the sixth 2016 release, and 12th overall release, in the Scottsdale Mint's Biblical Series featuring iconic biblical scenes. Each of these 2 oz Silver coins has a mintage of 1,499 pieces and features a high-relief, rimless design.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each 2 oz coin in this Biblical series is packaged in a gift box reminiscent of the Bible.
- Included certificate of authenticity lists Luke 2: 8-17, in which the shepherds of the field leave their flocks, after a visitation by angels, to see the newborn messiah named Jesus in a manger at Bethlehem.
- Obverse: Features the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity and face value.
- Reverse: Inspired by Gustave Doré's illustration of "The Nativity" depicting baby Jesus with Mary and Joseph surrounded by shepherds and the animals in the stables.
- Edge: Laser-etched serial number, from 1 to 1499, which matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
Complete your Biblical Series Collection by adding this leather-bound album available exclusively from APMEX!
Scottsdale Mint has done a phenomenal job of showcasing various narratives through their innovative designs on each of the Biblical Series coins. The culmination of these efforts is on full display with the last release of 2016, a depiction of the Nativity scene, a story that is iconic as any from the Bible. This stunning antique-finish coin is the perfect way to end to this year's installments of the series. Start your own journey or give a fantastic gift with this dramatic Silver 2 oz coin. Add the 2 oz Silver The Nativity coin to your cart today!
The certificate of authenticity has an antique feel that coincides nicely with both the finish of the 2 oz coin and the design subject. Included on the certificate is an image of Gustave Doré's "The Nativity", showing how accurately Scottsdale Mint's creative team recreated the original artwork for this coin series.