With its handcrafted beauty, rich symbolism and colorful patterns, the pysanka egg is one of the most beloved forms of traditional Ukrainian folk art, and a unique celebration of spring!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell box with a custom box.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Vibrant color throughout the elaborate design re-creates the breathtaking hand crafted artistry of a Ukrainian Easter egg.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this proof 1 oz Silver Ukrainian Pysanka to your cart today!
This coin is a cultural celebration of a beloved Ukrainian tradition and marks the 125th anniversary of Ukrainian settlement in Canada. Every element on this Ukrainian Easter egg is rich with symbolic meaning, including the individual colors: yellow stands for youth and purity, red represents the joy and passion in life, green is the color of spring, which brings hope and renewal and black suggests the darkest time before dawn, and the idea of eternity.
When combined, these colors, and the motifs they enhance, result in a design that is open to many interpretations, but that is nonetheless a vibrant celebration of a full and colorful life.