Any quantity only $4.99 per coin over spot!
The Silver Maple Leaf has been iconic since its inception, and Reverse Proof Privy Maples have proven to be incredibly popular over the years with the appeal of limited mintages, a Reverse Proof finish, and unique Privy marks.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver with a brilliant Reverse Proof finish.
- Individual coins come in a protective plastic flip. Multiples of 25 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 come in sealed monster boxes from the mint.
- Limited mintage of only 50,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Displays a detailed single maple leaf and the Silver purity. To the left is the familiar Yin Yang mark, which symbolizes two opposite yet complimentary forces that provide the balance of life.
Protect your Silver Maple Leaf with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box or coin bezel to your order.
The Silver Maple Privy coins from the Royal Canadian Mint have traditionally been quick sell-outs as many see the appeal in the limited mintage and brilliant reverse proof finish. This adds to their collectability, making these great choices to add to your holdings!
Before the birth of the Royal Canadian Mint, every coin that was in circulation in Canada had to be produced at the Royal Mint in London or at the private Heaton Mint in Birmingham, England. So, in 1890, the Royal Canadian Mint was proposed and 18 years later on January 2, 1908 Canadian Governor General Lord Earl Gray struck the first domestically produced coin in Ottawa. Since then, the Royal Canadian Mint has been known for its exceptional quality, sophistication and innovation.
The Silver Maple Leaf has undergone some changes in its design, but overall, the main elements of this iconic Silver coin have remained the same. The obverse of the coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II while the reverse displays a maple leaf, an image closely associated with Canadian pride and nationalism. In 2014, a micro-engraved, textured maple leaf featuring the year of issue and a radial-line background were added to ensure the authenticity of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. In addition to the added security, these features also add to the beauty of each individual coin, as each pattern of radial lines is unique and creates a specific light-diffracting pattern.