2016 Canada 1 oz Silver Predator Series Cougar
As low as $2.99 per coin over spot!
New series from the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) featuring the fearsome predator known as the cougar.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 25 come in plastic mint tubes. Multiples of 500 come in Monster Boxes. Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a powerful design of a cougar leaping toward its prey. The large paws and sharp teeth showcase the fierce attack of this large cat, expertly engraved and enhanced with carefully applied polishes.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your Silver Cougar in style by adding an attractive wooden display box to your order.
The 2016 Cougar is the first installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Predator series, which will have a maximum mintage of one million coins each. Add this 1 oz Cougar coin to your cart today!
Across the wilds of western North and South America stalks the world’s fourth-largest cat: the cougar. Found in remote areas from southern Canada to Patagonia, the elusive Puma concolor enjoys the greatest range of any large wild animal in the entire Western hemisphere. This massive tawny cat, about the size of a leopard, stalks the landscapes where its prey lives: from the seaside to the Rocky Mountains, from deserts to boreal forests.
The cougar is one of Canada’s most powerful, elusive, and beautiful predators. Few would contest the cougar’s reputation as a stealthy hunter that relies on its keen senses to survive in remote areas of western Canada. Its exceptional vision is uniquely adapted to allow the cougar to hunt its prey during any time of day.