First release in the Predator Series from the Royal Canadian Mint features the fearsome predator known as the cougar.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Each authentication card features the MintDirect® designation, ensuring it comes directly from the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a powerful design of a cougar leaping toward its prey. The large paws and sharp teeth showcase the fierce attack of this large cat, expertly engraved and enhanced with carefully applied polishes.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect and display your Predator Series Cougar coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The 2016 Cougar is the first installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Predator series, which will have a maximum mintage of one million coins each. Add this 1 oz Cougar coin to your cart today!
Across the wilds of western North and South America stalks the world’s fourth-largest cat: the cougar. Found in remote areas from southern Canada to Patagonia, the elusive Puma concolor enjoys the greatest range of any large wild animal in the entire Western hemisphere. This massive tawny cat, about the size of a leopard, stalks the landscapes where its prey lives: from the seaside to the Rocky Mountains, from deserts to boreal forests.
The cougar is one of Canada’s most powerful, elusive, and beautiful predators. Few would contest the cougar’s reputation as a stealthy hunter that relies on its keen senses to survive in remote areas of western Canada. Its exceptional vision is uniquely adapted to allow the cougar to hunt its prey during any time of day.
APMEX has created a process to guarantee these coins are direct from the Royal Canadian Mint to you to ensure that our customers receive only authentic Royal Canadian Mint coins. MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins were processed from tubes that come straight from mint-sealed "Monster Boxes", exactly as they were delivered, providing peace-of-mind when buying, holding or selling.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint tubes. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2016 1 oz Silver Cougar MintDirect® Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left the Royal Canadian Mint. MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin, guaranteed.