Collectibles Sales Event!
Shop now while supplies last.
This special edition Silver dollar displays the Poppy of Flanders Field from World War I.
- Contains 0.75 oz of .9999 Fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The iconic Poppy flower appears in beautiful full form.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this 3/4 oz Silver Proof Poppy in Flanders Fields coin to your cart today!
Major hostilities of the First World War were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918, with the German signing of the Armistice. After World War I, fields of poppies flowered on the battlefields of Flanders. November 11th was set aside each year as Veterans Day (originally called Armistice Day), when we pause to remember those who have served in the armed forces, and those who gave their lives in the cause of freedom. The blood-red poppy is a most appropriate symbol of remembrance for our honored war dead who made the ultimate sacrifice.