In 2013, the U.S. Mint released the Gold Buffalo in a beautiful Reverse Proof finish for one year only in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Buffalo Nickel, which is the inspiration for the Gold Buffalo's beloved design.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Minted only in 2013 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Buffalo Nickel, the inspiration for the Gold Buffalo series, the Reverse Proof finish features an elegant frosted background with the devices polished to a beautiful mirror shine.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the flawless condition of this coin.
- Early Releases designation ensures this coin was received by NGC within 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The Gold Buffalo is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products and the Reverse Proof finish adds even deeper beauty. Add this iconic coin to your Gold collection today!