Oval misalignment on the face and a north/south misalignment on the back.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is a Crisp Uncirculated example.
- Face: Features a portrait of George Washington.
- Back: Green printing of the obligation at center with a large numeral “10” in bronze overprint.
- Error: There was a misalignment error during the printing process which caused the back to be shifted so that the following note can be seen on the top of the note.
A very neat and unusual item. These were issued starting in 1862 to help alleviate the shortage of coins due to public hoarding caused by the Civil War. Add this Second Issue Fractional (Postage) Currency of 10 Cents to your cart today!
This is the straight edge type with no surcharge—Friedberg #1244.