This is the key date of the Proof Buffalo series with less than 17,000 minted. These examples have been certified as perfect 70 by NGC, one of the top coin grading services.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the coin's perfect Proof-70 condition.
- Early Releases designation ensures this coin was received by NGC within 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: Depicts an American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Buy America's premier Gold coin in a beautiful proof finish from the West Point Mint. Begin your own collection of this iconic coin by adding it to your cart today!