The popular Silver Maple Leaf design is featured on this coin with a Grizzly Privy Mark. This collector's item is the second release in the new 6-coin Wild Canada Series.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 25 are packaged in mint tubes. Individual coins come in a protective plastic flip.
- Mintage of only 50,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Displays a detailed single maple leaf and the Silver purity. To the left of the maple leaf's stem is a privy mark of a Grizzly.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect and display your Grizzly Privy Silver Maple Leaf in style by adding a gift box to your order.
Add this collectible or perfect gift to your cart today!
Before the birth of the Royal Canadian Mint, every coin that was in circulation in Canada had to be produced at the Royal Mint in London or at the private Heaton Mint in Birmingham, England. So, in 1890, the Royal Canadian Mint was proposed and 18 years later on January 2, 1908 Canadian Governor General Lord Earl Gray struck the first domestically produced coin in Ottawa. Since then, the Royal Canadian Mint has been known for its exceptional quality, sophistication and innovation.
The Silver Maple Leaf has undergone some changes in its design, but overall, the main elements of this iconic Silver coin have remained the same. The obverse of the coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II while the reverse displays a maple leaf, an image closely associated with Canadian pride and nationalism. In 2014, a micro-engraved, textured maple leaf featuring the year of issue and a radial-line background were added to ensure the authenticity of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. In addition to the added security, these features also add to the beauty of each individual coin, as each pattern of radial lines is unique and creates a specific light-diffracting pattern.